Saturday, May 15, 2010

The Unknown Road

One night someone talked me into getting on a road we found and just keep driving to see where it took us, then try to find our way back.  I don't remember exactly where it took us, and I don't recall whose car we were driving... therefore, I do not even know which of us drove!  (I think she did, because she is the one that got the bright idea!)

Needless to say, being in my sophmore year of college, neither of us had a reliable car... at least the weather wasn't bad.  It was a crisp fall evening, my favorite season. 

Evening turned to black before we got back, but what an adventure!  We laughed as we curved around open roads with absolutely nothing around us... just barren land.  Maybe she remembers the exact location, but I do know it was north of Mercy Hospital and with the growth, it must have some new home or business there now.

I met her when I was in the third grade.  We had to move away from the east coast, but we moved back in the middle of my Jr year of high school.  She and I picked up like we had never been apart.  She had plans to attend the same college I decided on when I was in Texas... yep, good 'ole BNC/SNU!

We only had about 8 months before she would be leaving.  She lived in a 3rd floor townhouse in the town where I attended Vo-Tech school and I lived on a farm about 30 miles away!  We packed so much into those few months

We've had many "life lessons" and may have learned more, than through our education. 

We've been parted and reacquainted so many times since then.  We've laughed and cried, seen lives destroyed and miracles happen.  We shared experiences so different and yet similar during the same period of time, we prayed for Jesus to come back!

Song: I Know Who Holds Tomorrow
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mqx78xd8nU8&feature=related
(I don't know this artist, but I found it to be beautiful)

There is a long road behind us and more unknown roads to come, who knows what great adventures lie ahead? 

Can't wait to see you soon friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment