Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Song & Video: Thank You (for giving to the Lord)

Link to song:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFrdJ2V3r7Y&feature=related

A tribute that reminded me of Jim's friend, John and my uncle M.H.    My uncle's memorial service was yesterday.  I continue to pray for John's family & my aunt and cousins.  This song tells of how the good works done on this earth will be rewarded up in heaven.

It also reminds me, along with Jim and Lori's blogs, that perhaps instead of showering each other with gifts at Christmas, we give to someone more needy than ourselves.

I believe, next Christmas, I will be changing the way that I give gifts.  There are many ways we can give gifts back to the Lord.  Maybe by purchasing a gift made by someone to fund thier own need, or one that sends all or part of the proceeds the the hungry, or even give of ourselves to someone or a family in our own community.  There are so many ways.  Think of your own and share your thoughts with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment